Get the LATEST Need-to-Know Insurance Updates to Get Paid for What You Do AND Stay Compliant for Chiropractic, Massage & Rehab Services in 2019 & Beyond!
Presented By: Tom Necela, DC, CPC, CPMA, CCP-P of The Strategic Chiropractor
2019 is already looking to be a year of big changes for chiropractors in the arena of insurance billing, coding, documentation, compliance — and, of course, in getting paid. If you and your office aren’t up-to-date on the changes coming, you will not only miss out on the revenue you deserve, you will also expose your chiropractic practice to more audit risk.
In this one-day, fast-paced event, Dr. Tom Necela of The Strategic Chiropractor will help ensure that you are aware of the relevant changes you need to know and to put your practice on target for your best year ever! Here’s just some of what you will learn:
Insurance Updates You Need to Know
- 2019 ICD-10 code and CPT code changes DC’s need to know
- NEW Medicare Advantage benefits effective January 2019 features $20 copays and 18 visits for chiro (WA, OR, ID, UT plans)
- Easier E/M Documentation Requirements Effective 1/2019! (yes, you read that right –> they are EASIER!)
- Regence Alternative Care policy updates – big trouble for multiple-unit massage & rehab claims?!
- Premera removes PT pre-auth for Microsoft plans (effective 1/2019)
- Washington’s 2019 Fair Pay provision – how insurers will respond
- Massage authorization changes through EviCore / CorePath
- BCBS Federal Program changes effective January 2019
- Uniform Medical Plan benefit changes starting January 2019
- Medicare compliance program & exclusion list updates – obey or expect NO PAY
- Medicare MACRA / MIPS updates & exception thresholds for 2019
- Premera’s enrollment of Southpath’s Medicare Advantage plans adds 22,000 patients to their plans & its impact on you
- How the Online Rating System for Premera (& other plans) impact your NPs
- Premera Provider Terminations (Without Cause!) – what to do now & what to do next
- And Much More!!!
- Making Best Use of Modifiers -25, 59, -GA, -GX, -GY, XE XS, XP, XU & more
- Correct Coding for Chiropractic services: what BCBS & other payers say you CANNOT do
- Massage & Rehab Coding: Do’s and Dangers
- E/M codes – the “new” strategies & old standards you need to know
- Codes you SHOULD be using (but probably aren’t) to get paid for ALL that you do
- How to properly “rank” ICD-10 diagnosis codes to properly substantiate your care
- Prepay Plans
- Cash / TOS discounts (chiro & massage still a target!)
- Hardship Agreements
Audits & Appeals
- The E/M Audit Tool You Need to protect and defend your exams
- The latest audit trends from BCBS & more
- Most common dirty tricks” from Geico, StateFarm
- Your #1 Best Defense to Fighting Post Payment Demands
- 2 Appeals you need to know & use often
- How to use your ERISA rights to fight back & win!
- E/M — new documentation requirements – yes, they are better!
- Medicare Documentation Strategies – Initial & Subsequent visits SIMPLIFIED
- The “new” note standards for Rehab – learn the easy or the hard way!
- How to create compliant chiro note faster & better than you are currently doing
- Massage – how to document accurately for 97124 or 97140
- Learn EXACTLY how to code your Exams with our Easy E/M Template™
Thursday , January 17, 2019 [SEATTLE]
Saturday, January 19, 2019 [PORTLAND]
Saturday, January 26, 2019 [BOISE]
9am-4pm (1 hr lunch break, on your own)
LOCATIONS:[SEATTLE] Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport Hotel 17338 International Blvd, Seattle, WA 98188 [PORTLAND] Holiday Inn Portland Airport Hotel 8439 NE Columbia Blvd, Portland, OR 97220 **NEW Location** [BOISE] Hilton Garden Inn Boise Spectrum Hotel 7699 W. Spectrum St, Boise, ID 83709
6 CE Credits Offered
(Check with your state to see requirements and our policies )
SEATTLE REGISTRATION –January 17, 2019 (click link below to register)
- SOLD OUT!
PORTLAND REGISTRATION –January 19, 2019 (click link below to register)
- SOLD OUT!
BOISE REGISTRATION –January 26, 2019 (click link below to register)
- January 26 BOISE Registration – $249 (1 Attendee) –AdvancedRegistration (prior to event)
- January 26 BOISE Registration – $349 (2 Attendees) –Advanced Registration (prior to event)
- January 26 BOISE Registration – $499 (3 Attendees) –Early Bird Registration (prior to event)
: when registering multiple attendees, please give names of all attendees in “ORDER NOTES section of registration checkout page so that we may prepare a CE certificate in advance.
Most of our seminars sell out and there is limited seating for staff or multiple attendees – register early and please email info[at]strategicDC.com for pricing for 4+ attendees.
If there is space, at the door registration is $299 PER PERSON (but we cannot guarantee there will be seats available).